Site search

Craps Odds

Craps is basically a game in which you should have a fair idea of the probabilities. Many people just venture into the game without even delving into the probability options. Let's have a peek into the odds in a game of crap and the probability of a certain number being rolled and try to tilt the odds in your favor.

Odds for Numbers in Craps

The weakest odds are for number 2 and for number 12 as for both these numbers there are just 1 combinations i.e. 1+1 or 6+6 so that brings down the odds for these two numbers to 1/36. The next numbers in the list are number 3 and number 11 that have 2 combinations each i.e. 1+2, 2+1 and 5+6 or 6+5. The probability for them is 1/18. Next in line are number 4 and number 10 with 3 combinations possible i.e. 1+3, 2+2, 3+1 and 4+6, 6+4 or 5+5.

Their probability is 1/12. Next come number 5 and number 9 that have 4 combinations possible i.e. 1+4, 4+1, 2+3, 3+2 and 3+6, 6+3, 4+5 or 5+4 which takes their probability to 1/9. Next are number 6 and number 8 which have 5 combinations i.e. 1+5, 5+1, 2+4, 4+2, 3+3 and 2+6, 6+2, 3+5, 5+3 or 4+4. Their probability is 1/7. The number 7 has the highest probability of 1/6 with 6 possible combinations i.e. 1+6, 6+1, 2+5, 5+2, 3+4 or 4+3.

Odds for field in Craps

The field in a game of craps looks very attractive due to the numerous numbers on it. 8, 6, 5 and 7 are the only numbers that are kept out of the total 12 numbers. The sad part is that these are the numbers with maximum combinations and probabilities too. So this leaves you with just 16 combinations to play with as the rest 20 are not a part of the game. The player has to play a single-roll bet that has a 44% probability of winning and 56% chances of not winning. Other than for 12 and 2 the bet gives you even money.

The mathematics of the game gives you valuable insights on the probability of your winning or losing the game.